YOUR CENTRE, YOUR VISIT
Our Box Office is open between 9.00am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday, and one hour before each performance.
Phone (02) 4723 7600 / Fax (02) 4731 3701 / Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking online is easy! Simply look out for the ‘Buy tickets’ buttons against each event. You can also subscribe online for our 2016 Season and Performance Seasons including the Richard Bonynge Piano Series and Sundays at The Joan.
Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard), Cheque or Money Order made out to Penrith Performing & Visual Arts Ltd, Cash (please do not post). Phone, internet and credit card bookings incur a $4 booking fee.
Concession pricing is available for any type of pensioners, Australian Government Health Care Card holders, as well as full time tertiary, TAFE and school students only. We do not accept Seniors Cards as a concession.
The price of your ticket covers only a percentage of the costs involved in bringing you a show. The gift of giving is priceless and we gratefully welcome your support. For more information and to make a tax deductible donation securely online visit www.thejoan.com.au
FLOOR PLANS (IN PDF FORMAT)
The Joan is committed to ensuring access for all people. We prefer to engage directly with our patrons with a disability to fully understand your needs and provide you with the best possible service. Companion card bookings are accepted.
For our patrons with a disability our theatres are equipped with:
- Space for wheelchairs with strong sight lines and easy access
- Hearing loop for patrons with impaired hearing in our Q Theatre
- Audio Described Performances (selected performances) for our visually impaired patrons
- Accessible parking (nearby Council car park and Westfield car park) and accessible pathways to venue
- A lift to all levels of the building and flat, accessible pathways to seating
- Our Box office is equipped with a counter that allows us to appropriately serve our patrons in a wheelchair
- To provide excellent service, we prefer our patrons with a need of one of our wheelchair spaces to call our Box Office to book tickets.
The Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre is at 597 High Street, Penrith and is situated opposite the Council Chambers and Penrith Plaza. The Box Office is located on the ground floor near the bar and lift.
GETTING TO THE JOAN
The Joan is easy to reach, either by train or car. We are a five minute walk from Penrith station, through Penrith Plaza. If you’re coming by car, you’ll find us located just off Mulgoa Road, on High Street. There are several parking options nearby.
The Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre is at 597 High Street, Penrith and is situated between the Council Chambers and Penrith Plaza. The Box office is located on the ground floor near the bar and lift.
GETTING HERE BY TRAIN
City Rail trains and Blue Mountains services arrive at and depart from Penrith Station. Timetables are available from the City Rail website. The Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre is a short five minute walk from Penrith Station via Penrith Plaza.
Traveling from Sydney and the Blue Mountains, take the Mulgoa Road exit from the M4. Continue along Mulgoa Road and turn into High Street. Parking is available at Penrith Plaza and, at night, in the Penrith Council Civic car park adjacent to the centre. Travel time from Sydney CBD can vary. The M4 can become quite congested with commuter traffic on Friday evenings so it is a good idea to allow extra travel time. Generally, the trip by car takes an hour from the CBD. Travelling from the Blue Mountains is fairly straight forward (though extra time should be given for Sunday afternoon travel).
PARKING FOR THE JOAN
The following off-street parking is available:
- Penrith Civic Centre car park (at Penrith City Council)
This parking is outdoors. Until 3.30pm on weekdays there are limits to how long you can park here. There are 1 and 2 hour parks. After 3.30 there is no restriction. Check the signs for weekends. Actually check the signs all the time, because sometimes they may change.Enter this car park from High Street. Turn right off Mulgoa Rd (if you’re heading toward Penrith with Panthers etc behind you) and then left at the roundabout into this park. If there’s nothing available in here you can come back out again and continue a little further past the Joan and left into:
- Westfield Penrith Plaza car park (subject to Westfield parking terms and conditions – first 3 hours free)Or you can turn right at the same lights as into Westfield and then left into:
- Union Road car park (opposite the Centre and is free all day and evening). Some parks are only three hours but many are all day.
Penrith City Council has also put together this handy little PDF map with all the nearby parking on it.